The Woodford Inn
The Woodford Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the Cleveland House. The original building housed the Versailles Female College and was built in 1876. The Cleveland Orphanage Institution bought the property and served as the Cleveland Home which operated as an orphanage to help educate and house female children in Kentucky. The Cleveland Home rebuilt the current structure in 1926 which is a three and a half story Dutch Colonial Revival building. The Cleveland Home was in service for more than 122 years. In 1975 Life Adventure Camp was organized to teach at-risk youth effective living and communication skills.
In 2005 the building was purchased and remodeled by Versailles natives, John and Rita Lauderdale. They remodeled the house into an inn and restaurant and bar. In July 2011, Bruce and Linda Parker, the owners of Addie’s took over managing the inn and restaurant and bar. Addie’s LLC has been successfully in business since 2008.
After graduating from Sullivan University culinary arts program, Linda found herself in Versailles running the restaurant at Woodford Hills Country Club. After the first year in Versailles, they decided to open Addie’s Creekside Café in Millville and in July 2011 reopened The Woodford Inn. The name Addie’s comes from Linda’s mother Adelyn O’Nan who is a wonderful cook and would often host family dinners every Sunday. Addie’s and the Woodford Inn is a family run business.
Original Cleveland Orphan House, circa 1892
Current Woodford Inn building, originally built in 1926.